FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- WHAT DOES ADVANCED OMEGA 3 DO? ADVANCED OMEGA 3 combines a robust dose of EPA & DHA with Sesamol and B3 - In order to optimize Omega 3 absorption which
1) Enhances the EPA & DHA by ensuring proper phospholipid packaging is used as a delivery system to get the DHA & EPA target tissues uninhibited,
2) Influences the conversion of fatty acids into DHA & EPA by influencing the D5D and D6D enzymes responsible for the conversion of ALA (Alpha linolenic acid) to EPA & DHA. This actively converts more ALA consumed from diet into EPA & DHA without an actual need to consume EPA & DHA directly. This enzymatic process helps to favor the ratio of Omega 6 : Omega 3 in the body to favor the balance of Omega 3. In western culture it is common for people to consume an abundance of Omega 6 fatty acids and too few Omega 3, this imbalance leads to systemic inflammation, increasing risk to disease and other health complications.
HOW DOES IT WORK? When Omega 3 fatty acids are consumed, they are taken through the liver (First pass metabolism). During this first pass, the Omega 3's are converted to free fatty acids when they are in ethyl ester or triglyceride form when taken as a supplement. Since we use free form fatty acids, this step is avoided resulting in 5x more bioavailable omegas compared to ethyl ester form! Then, the free fatty acids go through the liver for a second pass, and during this second pass they are 'packaged' in a phospholipid form before they get delivered to target tissues. During this process is where sesamol is used to assist the process in packaging these Omega 3's with phosphatidylcholine or 2-acyl Lysophosphatidylcholine. In individuals with chronic inflammation, insulin resistance, oxidative stress, or other metabolic impairment, this 2nd pass metabolism process is severely hindered and prevents Omega 3's from exhibiting their anti inflammatory and other benefits in order to heal and restore tissue function.
HOW MUCH/HOW OFTEN SHOULD I TAKE? This product should be taken every day, 2 capsules per day, doses can be split and taken with meals.
May Assist with:
- Heart Health
- Cholesterol & Triglyceride Levels
- Healthy Inflammatory Response
- Brain & Eye Health
- Conversion to EPA & DHA
- Dietary Omega 3 : Omega 6 Balance
Features per serving:
-1000mg Free Form Omega 3's as AvailOm® Omega 3 Lysine Complex - 5x more potent than ethyl ester Omega 3s, this Omega 3 salt complex is able to bypass the need for breakdown in the liver and goes straight to the 'packaging' step of Omegas before they are transported to target tissues
- 30mg Sesamol: A sesamin lignan derived from sesame seed extract. This ingredient is the first of its kind and enhances the bodies' natural conversion of ALA to DHA & EPA as well as enhancing the absorption of supplemental DHA & EPA by phospholipid packaging during 2nd pass liver metabolism.